The Sierra Club is looking for an intern to assist our Online Organizing team in our New York City office.
The Online Organizing team plans and manages online campaigns to engage grassroots supporters and win victories for our organizing and policy campaigns. Online Organizing works closely with field organizing, policy, communications, and digital product teams.
The internship will provide an opportunity to learn about the environmental movement, online organizing principles, best practices for using technology to achieve real-world results, and what goes into building a successful online campaign.
The intern will be responsible for tasks including:
- Helping develop concepts for creative online campaigns using email, social media, mobile messaging, and other online tools
- Design graphics and content for online products
- Pulling and compiling analytics, social media, and email performance data
- Coordinating the department's quality-assurance tasks
- Boosting engagement of youth in national and international campaigns
Knowledge and skills:
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Closely follows emerging web, technology, and social media trends
- Proficiency with design programs including Photoshop
- Familiarity with Convio and HTML helpful but not required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Independent self-starter
- Ability to quickly find cute animal pictures online
This position is part time and unpaid. Start date is flexible. Located at Sierra Club's tiny satellite office in New York City.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please be sure to put "NYC INTERNSHIP" in the subject header.