With over 700,000 members, the Sierra Club is one of our nation's largest grassroots conservation organizations. Our statement of purpose is to explore, enjoy, and protect the wild places of the Earth. We seek to accomplish this by the education and promotion of the responsible use of the Earth's ecosystems and resources.
Interns are selected on the basis of their interests, education and experience in political science, environmental studies, natural resources, history, law, journalism, computer science or other related fields. We especially seek interns who have been directly involved in conservation work and have good communication and writing skills. Our normal intern rotations are in the fall, winter/spring, and summer but we are flexible with other starting dates.
Current Internship Opportunities:
- Business Partnerships - Environmental Entrepreneur Internship
- Community Organizing Training Internship
- Digital Product Management Internship
- Digital Strategies Production Internship
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Internship
- Editorial Internship, SIERRA Magazine
- Law Program Internship, Spring and Summer 2016
- Media Team Internship