- Choose either the book or the film to discuss.
- Decide on a date and a place to meet.
- Invite a few friends and neighbors to your gathering. Ask them either to read the book or come view the film with you.
- Get the book or the film. When we introduce our selections in the magazine and on the Web, we'll offer tips on how to find both.
- If you like, you and your invitees can prepare for the meeting by looking over information about the selections on this Web site.
- If you plan to show the film, make sure your VCR or DVD player is working.
- Plan refreshments.
- When the time comes, use Sierra's questions (book or film), or make up your own. Make sure everyone gets a chance to speak.
- Let Sierra know how it went! Either fill out the form here or write to us at Lets.Talk@sierraclub.org. We'll post the best of the comments, edited for length and clarity.
- Every two months, look for new Let's Talk selections in Sierra magazine or at www.sierraclub.org/sierra/letstalk.
For simple guidelines on leading a discussion, go to www.conversationcafe.org and click on "host central."
If you buy a book and want to "release it into the wild" after you've finished it, check out www.bookcrossing.com.
For a Web site that will help you find people in your community who are interested in joining your group, try www.meetup.com.