The True Cost of Food:
We, the consumers, through our food choices, can stop the practices that harm our health, our planet, and our quality of life.
A campaign to promote sustainable food choices.
from the Sierra Club National Sustainable Consumption Committee.
The True Cost of Food is a 15 minute educational and entertaining DVD about sustainable food. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy of the DVD and discussion guide, or download our discussion guide.
The Sierra Club Sustainable Consumption Committee Mission: To encourage people to think about the environmental impacts of their consumption choices by providing specific information.
- Eat more vegetables, fruit, and grains and less meat. Look for meat that is produced in the least harmful way—grass fed, organic, antibiotic- and hormone-free.
- Buy organic whenever you can.
- Buy from small, local sources whenever you can.
We encourage all of you to lead discussions with family, friends, and community organizations about this critical topic.
Find out more.
Free Range Graphics
Free Range Graphics has produced three flash animation movies encouraging sustainable eating:
- The Meatrix: Exposes the harsh realities of factory farming and the meat industry.
- Krafted: Depicts the ways in which the Kraft corporation experiments on consumers by slipping genetically engineered ingredients into their foods without their knowledge or consent.
Take a Pass on Chilean Sea Bass: The real story of illegal fishing that is threatening a popular dish with extinction.
Up to Top