Rincon Group of the Sierra Club’s Arizona Chapter...
Living in the national and ecological borderlands of Southern Arizona -- the Rincon Group (of the Sierra Club’s "Arizona Grand Canyon Chapter") is positioned to influence a diverse set of environmental issues in and around the Tucson metropolitan area.
The Rincon Group was created in the 1970s and has grown steadily in scope and influence over the years.
Today, Rincon Group addresses several fundamental environmental challenges, including...
- the effects of border security on the region’s landscapes,
- advancement of abundant renewable energy sources,
- water conservation
- and smart growth.
Many of our initiatives focus on grassroots movements -- and rely heavily on the passion and dedication of the greater Tucson community -- and fellow Sierra Club members.
- On this webpage -- use our "Sign up for Newsletters" (to get a variety of news and newsletters from Sierra Club).
- Subscribe to our Facebook Page -- to catch our posted updates there
- See our chapter's webpage for Posted events across Arizona
- Join our local monthly events -- for committee meetings, plus monthly programs (on various topics)
Cancelled, for now -- all "in person" events!
Listings of Local Events for Sierra Club...
- Sierra Club leaders have suspended in-person Sierra Club activities...
- All outings, programs, and meetings are suspended or are being held on line.
- All Sierra Club offices are closed, and staff and volunteers are working from home.
- Sierra Club is developing guidance that will describe exceptions and standards that will allow certain events, outings and organizing/campaign activities to be phased in as circumstances allow.
- Sierra Club websites--including our own "Rincon Group Website" (here where you are, now)--will have current information and calendars.
- Thanks for your patience, everyone, and stay healthy and connected.
All in-person Sierra Club events have been canceled until at least July 4, 2021.
There are lots of virtual meetings, webinars, and digital activities as Sierra Club continues fight for environmental health, justice, wildlife and natural areas.
Stay healthy. Stay home. Stay connected.
|Word or Phrase||Word or phrase to search for:|
|Leader||All or part of leader name to search for:|
No Matching Activities Found
|Date||Activity (click title for full description)||Sponsor||Category||Type||Difficulty||Links|