Donate to the Sierra Club
The John Muir Chapter needs your help to protect Wisconsin’s environment for our families, for our future.
Membership dues alone cannot fully support all the things we need to do to explore, enjoy, and protect Wisconsin for current and future generations.
There are many ways to support the John Muir Chapter of the Sierra Club:
- Make an online donation to the Sierra Club - John Muir Chapter: Your secure, online credit card donation supports the local, grassroots conservation work that the volunteers and staff do every day for clean air, clean water and resilient habitats in Wisconsin. Please click here to make a secure one-time or recurring online credit card donation. Note: Contributions, gifts, and dues to the Sierra Club- John Muir Chapter are not tax deductible. They support our effective, citizen-based advocacy and lobbying efforts here in Wisconsin. Thank you in advance for supporting the Sierra Club's conservation programs in Wisconsin.
- Donate using PayPal You don't need a PayPal account to use this option.
- You may also choose to give a tax-deductible donation to support Sierra Club Foundation’s educational and legal work through Community Shares.
Community Shares of Wisconsin: Community Shares of Wisconsin supports member agencies (including the Sierra Club Foundation - John Muir Chapter) who work to address social, economic, and environmental problems through grassroots action, advocacy, research, and public education.
Click here to donate to the Sierra Club Foundation through Community Shares of Wisconsin!
Select "Sierra Club Foundation" from the list under "Gift Information" to direct your gift to the Sierra Club.
Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee: CSGM is an umbrella organization that raises funds for local non-profits focused on social justice, the environment and animal welfare.
Click here to donate to the Sierra Club Foundation through Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee.
Select "Sierra Club Foundation" from the list under "Pick an organization."
- Donate by Check Mail gifts to the Chapter office. Sierra Club – John Muir Chapter 222 S. Hamilton Street, Suite 1, Madison, WI 53703. You may choose to make your check payable to Sierra Club – John Muir Chapter (Note: Contributions, gifts, and dues to the Sierra Club- John Muir Chapter are not tax deductible. They support our effective, citizen-based advocacy and lobbying efforts here in Wisconsin) or the Sierra Club Foundation – John Muir Chapter for education and legal action in Wisconsin, these gifts are tax-deductible. Please remember to include your name and address so we can acknowledge your gift.
- Plan an Environmental Legacy: Please contact the Chapter office at (608) 256-0565 or email@example.com for information on planned giving or creating an environmental legacy.
- Donate items or services to support a Sierra Club raffle or Silent Auction: Unique, hand-crafted items by local artisans or photographers are especially appreciated. Gift certificates to restaurants, bed and breakfasts, or local businesses that specialize in outdoor gear are also very popular items with our members. Please contact us at (608) 256-0565 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to donate, and we will talk about ways to publicly thank you and your business for your donation.
- Donate items or services to support the Sierra Club Office Please contact the Sierra Club - John Muir Chapter office at (608) 256-0565 if you are interested in donating the following “wish list” items: printing services for our Muir View newsletter and other publications, food or reusable dishes and cloth napkins for events, recycled copy paper, a PowerPoint Projector
When you give to the Sierra Club - John Muir Chapter you have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to protect Wisconsin’s irreplaceable, water, land, and wildlife resources and reduce climate change threats. You can be sure that your voice will be heard through education, lobbying, litigation, and grassroots action on the environmental issues that matter to you most. Thank you for your contribution.