Volunteer with PPG!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Piasa Palisades Group (PPG) of Sierra Club Illinois! The Piasa Palisades Group of Sierra Club Illinois has been active in the Metro East area since 1972. With more than 800 local members, an established network of activists led by a devoted nine-member Executive Committee, and positive working relationships with local administrative decision-makers, this group has long been an environmental leader in downstate Illinois. We would like to expand PPG's committees to become even more active and relevant.
Interested in getting involved? Fill out this survey to identify your interest in volunteering with the Group. Learn more about PPG's volunteer positions and the potential responsibilities each position entails below:
- Conservation Coordinator: Provides leadership, direction, and guidance on conservation issues for the Illinois Chapter Conservation Coordinator. This volunteer will motivate and direct the Conservation Committee and appropriately delegate activities related to conservation to the committee and other Chapter members.
- Environmental and Social Justice Committee: Works to strengthen PPG and the Sierra Club Chapter's efforts on environmental and social justice issues. This work is done in coordination with community based organizations so that Sierra Club can use its institutional resources to add capacity to existing community based environmental and social justice work.
- Membership Chair: Enjoys meeting people and going to social events, meets and welcomes new members and volunteers for the Group. The Chair works with all parts of the Group to help connect people to the work necessary to achieve the Chapter's goals. The Chair ensures that people are welcomed and engaged in a way that is satisfying and furthers the Group's mission.
- Speaker Series Coordinator: Develops and provides ideas for speakers and program content in coordination with the PPG Executive Committee. The coordinator will provide relevant program short and full descriptions for use in media outreach and program announcements for use in Group newsletter and website.
- Webmaster: Works with PPG content experts to publish new or updated content on the PPG website, following Sierra Club and Illinois Chapter content formatting standards. The webmaster will also engage with the Newsletter & Website Committee to ensure the website is the ‘source of truth’ and contains detailed content which is referred to in the Palisades Views newsletter. This position requires website development experience and availability to meet with the Newsletter & Website Committee twice per month.
Interested in one of these positions? Fill out this survey to identify your interest in volunteering with the Group. Thanks for helping to make a difference for the planet!