The hiking schedules (previous and future) can be found by clicking here.
- The Senior Group does not generally schedule hikes beyond those classified as 2B
- Extended trips are in the Sierra Magazine.
- The Sierra Magazine is sent to you if you are a member of the Sierra Club.
Hikes are classified in terms of difficulty by a letter and a numeral:
Grade 1 - up to six miles Class A - less than 1000 feet elevation gain
Grade 2 - six to ten miles Class B - 1000 to 2000 feet elevation gain
Transportation to the Trailhead
Although the Sierra Club believes in the desirability of car pooling, leaders must not organize car pools. Any car pool arrangements are private agreements between the driver and the passengers. Drivers must carry adequate public liability insurance coverage. Riders are expected, as a matter of courtesy, to reimburse drivers to cover the transportation expenses of the trip. Sierra Club Seniors suggests reimbursing the drivers at the current cost of a gallon of gas per hour of driving.
Essentials for Hiking
- Backpack or Large Fanny Pack
- Appropriate Clothing & Footwear
- Whistle - Helps if you get separated from the group.
For more information about our outings, click here to go to the "About our Outings" page.