Who We Are
The Anne Arundel County Group, Sierra Club, founded in 1982, has grown to be 1400 members strong. Our mission is to enable Anne Arundel County residents to Explore, Enjoy, and Protect the Planet!
As a county group, we focus on local environmental issues, including:
- land use
- stormwater management,
- protecting natural resources
- promoting renewable energy and waste reduction,
- testifying on local and state legislation
- conducting outings
- endorsing environmentally-friendly candidates who represent us at the State, County, and City of Annapolis levels.
The members of the Group elect an Executive Committee, which guides the activities of the Group. The members of the Anne Arundel Group Executive Committee include:
Vice Chair – Susan Dapkunas
Secretary – JoAnne Zoller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer - JoAnne Zoller (email@example.com)
Chapter Delegate –
Chapter Delegate (Alternate) –
Outings Chair – Bernie Robinson
This year, the group has focused on the following efforts:
- Interviewing and endorsing county candidates for County Council and County Executive leadership positions in the 2022 election;
- Reinstating outings, which are guided outdoor hikes led by a certified Sierra Club outings leader;
- Calling members to action on campaigns to preserve and protect our natural environment;
- Working with county government regarding the County’s new Comprehensive Plan and more detailed follow-up Region plans, which emphasize increased environmental protection and channeling development into designated growth areas;
- Assisting in the application of the County’s new Green Infrastructure Plan, which preserves existing green spaces and plans for expansion of green spaces in the county;
- Working with local residents to ensure that the management plan for Beverly/Triton Park protects its extensive forested areas.
Want to Learn More?
To learn more about upcoming outings in Anne Arundel and surrounding counties, contact Bernie Robinson, certified outings leader and Anne Arundel County outings chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Maryland Chapter, Sierra Club, visit https://www.sierraclub.org/maryland
We invite you to join us in Exploring, Enjoying, and Protecting the Planet
|Word or Phrase||Word or phrase to search for:|
|Leader||All or part of leader name to search for:|
No Matching Activities Found
|Date||Activity (click title for full description)||Sponsor||Category||Type||Difficulty||Links|