2022 General Election
NOTE: Please check back here before you vote, as more endorsements are in the works! Also, please walk and make calls for our candidates and measures. Tell them you are a Climate Voter and you are there with the Sierra Club. Let them know our power.
CA State Assembly:
CA State Senate:
Sacramento Board of Supervisors
- District 5: Jacklyn Moreno
- Volunteer for Jacklyn and take some No on Measure A Flyers with you. For more information. Call (916) 801. 0483 and leave a message about where you want to canvass, and we can arrange Flyer pick-up.
Sacramento County Measures
Vote No on Measure A
Vote No on Measure O
Sacramento Municipal Utility District - Ward 4: Derek Cressman State Races:
- Secretary of State: Dr. Shirley Weber
- Attorney General: Rob Bonta
- Lieutenant Governor: Eleni Kounalakis
- Insurance Commissioner: Ricardo Lara
- Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tony Thurmond
- Board of Equalization, District 2: Sally Lieber
- State Controller: Malia Cohen
State Ballot Measures:
Read more about these ballot measures and why we have taken the following position on the Sierra Club California website.
- Congressional District 3: Kermit Jone
- Congressional District 4: Mike Thompson
- Congressional District 7: Doris Matsui
- Congressional District 9: Josh Harder
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Please volunteer for any of our Climate Candidates. Make sure you let the campaign know you are a Sierra Club member and a Climate Voter. If you would like to volunteer and are not sure where to start, email Dyane Osorio - Dyane.Osorio@sierraclub.org
Paid for by Sierra Club Political Committee,www.sierraclub.org<http://www.sierraclub.org>, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee
About Our Endorsement Process:
The Sierra Club understands the importance of political endorsements, and we take our process seriously. We have a completely independent, volunteer-run process.
The Sierra Club's Mother Lode Chapter volunteer process is responsible for endorsements of candidates and ballot measures in 24 Counties. Endorsements at this level must receive the affirmative support of the volunteer members of each of at least four Sierra Club decision-making bodies: the local Group, Mother Lode Chapter’s Political Committee, the Chapter Executive Committee, and the Sierra Club California Northern California Candidate or Ballot Review Committee. At several of those stages, a two-thirds threshold is needed for an endorsement recommendation to move to the next level of review.
If you are a Sierra Club member or a candidate in our region and would like to see an endorsement contact our Political Committee Chair Derek Cressman, at dc[@]derekcressman.com .
Sierra Club California, the legislative and regulatory advocacy arm for Sierra Club chapters in California, is responsible for state legislative and statewide office endorsements.
The national Sierra Club is responsible for federal election endorsements.
For our Local List of Endorsement Click on Link: https://www.sierraclub.org/mother-lode/elections