Please consider joining the Sierra Club Outings group on Meetup to get updated information about local outings, meetings, and events.
- View the list of outings and events without joining, or join Meetup to get emails about events coming up, and updates to events.
- You can let the Outings leader know you are coming, so you can be informed of any last-minute changes or cancellations due to weather.
- You can see who else is going on a particular Outing, how many people are going, and how many are on the waitlist. For any outing in the list, click “Attend” at the bottom right of the description.
- You can view the Outings in a Calendar format, or as a list. Click “Upcoming Meetups” in the left column. Then click the “Calendar” tab, at the top.
- You can also post photos from outings and view the photos from others.
- You can read and comment on Discussions about one of the Outings.
- The Outings and Events on Meetup are updated all the time (the Bayou Banner is only updated once every month).
Special Instructions For Turning Off Email Notifications In Meetup:
- Log in.
- On the far top right is a small photo (or silhouette). Click the down-arrow at the right of it, and select Settings.
- In the left panel, just below “General” is “Email Updates.” Click it.
- On this page, you can turn off email updates, and uncheck any of several types of emails that you want (or don’t want).
If you uncheck them all, and turn them off, you should not receive any emails. However, you may not get notifications of cancelled trips, or changes, if you turn them all off.