Healthy ecosystems play a critical role in supporting solutions to combat the extinction and climate crises. Our lands campaigns exist under our 30x 30 framework that promotes protecting 30% of natural lands throughout the country by 2030. Under this initiative, the Chapter is charged with building out its data and campaign to protect Utah’s priceless regions and resources.
Within the 30 x 30 campaign, the Chapter will merge its current lands campaigns to provide a comprehensive charge for our work. We will continue to:
- Monitor oil and gas leasing on public lands;
- Advance agency transparency and public participation in projects;
- Work with students to transition state land use away from dirty fuels;
- Continue to fight for Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monuments;
- Promote greater protections for the Wasatch; and
- Oppose uranium mining, milling, and reckless storage of depleted uranium.