The Sierra Club is a national, member-supported environmental organization that seeks to influence public policy in Washington D.C., in the state capitals, and locally through public education and grass-roots political action.
As one of five Groups within the Tennessee Chapter of the Sierra Club, the Harvey Broome Group is based in Knoxville, TN, and focuses on Knox County and seventeen surrounding counties in East Tennessee. Our namesake, Harvey Broome (1902-1968), was a founding member of the Widlerness Society and a native of Knoxville TN.
The Harvey Broome Group undertakes important conservation issues, offers year-round outings to enhance appreciation of the outdoors, and presents monthly programs that range from experts in environmental issues to entertaining speakers who have explored our world.
See the About Us page for more about who we are and what we do.
Sierra Club Fall Family Retreat October 23rd thru 25th
- Hikes both days with State Naturalist
- Silent auction
- Saturday evening program on Iceland
- Saturday evening campfire with s'mores
- Gourmet Saturday evening meal prepared by the Gearhardt's
- Saturday committee meetings (only if you are interested)
- Sunday morning business meeting (again, only if you choose to attend)
- Or, just take off on your own and explore
|Word or Phrase||Word or phrase to search for:|
|Leader||All or part of leader name to search for:|
No Matching Activities Found
|Date||Activity (click title for full description)||Sponsor||Category||Type||Difficulty||Miles