The Sierra Club is a grassroots organization, built on the efforts of a lot of people working together to improve their community. The following resources will be especially useful for Bay Chapter volunteer leaders.
The Club's national "Bylaws, Rules and Templates Concerning Chapter and Group ExCom Elections" supersede certain provisions of "Section 4. Nominations and Elections" of each set of bylaws.
- Standards of Conduct
- Guidelines of Conduct (Executive Committee Meetings)
- Political Standing Rule
- Sierra Club National Bylaws
- Conservation Issue Committee Roles and Standards
- Chapter leadership roster
- Guide to chapter communication tools
- Campfire Community: a Club-wide clearinghouse of information and resources for volunteers, leaders and staff
- Outings leader training
- Sierra Club national policy database
- Database of local chapter and group comment letters and position papers
- Guidelines for positions on projects serving economically disadvantaged communities
- Guidelines for positions on renewable energy projects
Most Sierra Club email lists can be found at at http://lists.sierraclub.org. To join a list, click on the list name of interest. Then click on the “Join” or “Leave” links and fill in your information. Just leave the settings as they are. For members of the local Chapter, the lists starting with "SFBAY-" will be of particular relevance, including:
- SFBAY-GENERAL — general discussion
- SFBAY-AGENDAS — meeting agendas for the Chapter Executive Committee. Anyone may see all Bay Chapter agenda announcements in a searchable web format here.