Welcome to the Falls of the James Group
Please join us at meetings, events, or outings. Our monthly meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the months January through April and September through November at 7 PM at the University of Richmond, Jepson Alumni Center, 49 Crenshaw Way, Richmond. We sponsor activities to inform Sierra Club members and the general public about local, regional, state and national environmental issues.
Amazing Raise 2015
Sierra Club Foundation is a participant in this September’s “Amazing Raise,” Richmond and central VA area's fundraising campaign. Sponsored by The Community Foundation, it aims to help nonprofit tax exempt organizations. This campaign lasts only 36 hours, from 6 am on Wednesday, September 16 until 6 pm on Thursday, September 17. Glen Besa, Director of the Virginia Chapter of the Sierra Club, explains, "Your Amazing Raise donation to the Sierra Club Foundation will help celebrate the phasing out of dirty fossil fuels, ushering in of renewable energy sources, and the fight against offshore drilling and pipelines." All Virginian Sierrans are highly encouraged to participate.
To get in the spirit, you are invited . . .
- On Wednesday, September 16 at 6 pm to Sierra Club Foundation’s Amazing Happy Hour on the lawn of Tamara Smith, 5314 Dorchester Road. Please come prepared to donate and feast on hot dogs, beans and drinks (you’re welcome to bring a dish and a lawn chair or two). Please RSVP email@example.com.
- On Thursday, Sept. 17, 4-6 pm-- to the second occasion, the Sierra Club Foundation’s Amazing Raise Procrastinator’s Happy Hour, at Gus’s Bar and Grill 2701 W. Broad Street, RVA.
Donations are accepted on internet only using Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express credit or debit card. Cash and checks are not accepted. The minimum donation is $25. There is no maximum. Please be aware that only your donation of $50 to Sierra Club Foundation will help qualify The Sierra Club Foundation for one of many of the Amazing Raise money prizes.
It’s easy; just go to www.theamazingraise.org and choose Sierra Club Foundation. You may even choose to make a gift in honor of your favorite Sierran, or in memory of a Sierra Club member who has passed. Unless you decide to donate anonymously your name will be shared with The Sierra Club Foundation. There is no fee to donate and you will receive an immediate acknowledgement, thank you, and printable tax receipt for 100% of your donation.
All right, Sierrans, LET’S BE AMAZING!
The Sierra Club Falls of the James Group periodically awards grants to worthy organizations. Grant applications will be evaluated twice a year: in the Spring (deadline June 1) and in the Fall (deadline December 1). For more information about this process please see our Grant Application Form and our Funding Guidelines.
Location and Day for Membership Meetings
Our meeting place and meeting day remain the same as the last year:
Jepson Alumni Center on the University of Richmond Campus, on each SECOND Wednesday!
- Official Jepson Alumni Center written directions and link to map: http://events.richmond.edu/jepson-alumni-center/directions.html
- If you Google "U of R Jepson Alumni Center" you will be sent to a different building and be given incorrect addresses: 101 College Road and 28 Westhampton Way -- these are incorrect! The Jepson Alumni Center's correct street address is 49 Crenshaw Way, Richmond, VA 23221. On GoogleMaps it will show up as Alumni Relations, U of R, near College road. Use Keller Road to enter campus, then take right. Alumni Center will be to your right; there is plenty of well-lit parking to your left, directly across from the Jepson Alumni Center.
- In Google Maps, the building is labeled "Alumni Relations".
We'll Recycle What Your Recycler Won't!! Dont forget to bring your old batteries, CFC bulbs, printer cartridges and #5 plastics.
Meetings are scheduled from January through April and September through November at 7 PM and are free and open to the public!
|Word or Phrase||Word or phrase to search for:|
|Leader||All or part of leader name to search for:|
No Matching Activities Found
|Date||Activity (click title for full description)||Sponsor||Category||Type||Difficulty||Miles