What are Action Nights?
Since 2019, we've been holding Action Nights in the Portland office, with local Chapter Groups across the state, and virtually. Getting involved in an Action Night is an opportunity to come together in community to learn and take strategic action together. These can be focused on different objectives and vary throughout the year!
Action Nights are all about praxis: we learn and grow our organizing skills, then immediately put our new skills to use around a current issue happening in the session. Here's some of what we will learn together:
- writing letters to the editor
- writing op-eds
- delivering speeches and testimonies
- effectively using social media tools
- creating protest art, banners, and stencils
- watching a documentary and sharing a discussion
- listening to exciting guest speakers
- and so much more!
Action Nights are what you make of them. What do you want to see happen? What do you want to learn? Send us your thoughts, questions, and ideas!