Job Openings & Internships
At this time, we do not have job opportunities in the Oregon Chapter. For opportunities with the national Sierra Club, please check here for open positions.
Join on of our active committees:
Seeking Volunteers for the Oregon Chapter Forest Team to Help Protect Natural Ecosystems:
Think of Oregon, and you think of forests, right? That’s why the Oregon Chapter Sierra Club’s Forest Team has no shortage of important issues to work on to help protect our natural ecosystems and the communities that depend on them. Our chapter has a long and historic impact in protecting the forests of Oregon. Want to help further our efforts? In particular, we are looking for volunteers to fill the roles below. Training is provided and time commitment is flexible. Most roles don’t require prior knowledge of forest issues. To learn more and get engaged, you can connect with our Chair, Carol Valentine at email@example.com.
- Administrative Coordinator: Help the Forest Team Coordinator with administrative tasks such as scheduling, taking minutes, team communications, and keeping track of team projects and activities
- Resources Librarian: Organize Forest Team Resources document and add links as needed
- Arts and Activism Team Member: Contribute visual or performing arts to help further campaigns. Lead activities that integrate the arts into achieving our goals.
- Letters to the Editor Team Member: Write letters to news outlets in support of Forest Team goals.
- Action Alert Campaign Creator: Learn to use Sierra Club platforms for online activists to help power up our forest protection campaigns!
- Agency Activity Tracker: Be part of the team tracking a forest-related agency at the local, state, or federal level. Help support the Forest team’s engagement in decision-making processes.
- Email List Manager: Help create and send informative emails to our public-facing Forest Team list and manage the database.
- Social Media Team Member: Manage, create and gather forest-related content for posting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms.