The Oregon Chapter of the Sierra Club represents the organization’s 73,000 members and supporters in Oregon and has been hard at work protecting our state’s public lands and building an unstoppable environmental movement here since 1978. Today, the Sierra Club's volunteer leaders advance the chapter’s environmental priorities.
1) Our Legislative Team will advocate for all of Oregon during this year's "short" session. We are focused on the following priorities:
- Responsible housing development and ecosystem protection
- Climate resilience
- Defending democracy
- Sustainable and affordable technology
Check out our legislative page for a thorough explanation of each priority, and every bill we're tracking, and how you can help today.
2) Join our Conservation Committee to preserve and protect the people and land of Oregon we love. We also work on specific campaigns:
Our Columbia Snake River Salmon Campaign is helping to restore abundant salmon runs and to pass this heritage to future generations.
- Our Forest Team supports the forest-related work of the Oregon Chapter's Conservation and Legislative Committees. Join us to help address important issues, including forest carbon and climate change, the Elliott State Forest, Oregon Forest Practices Act, federal forest management policy, forests and wildfire, Oregon timber and severance taxes, OFRI (Oregon Forest Resources Institute), and more.
3) Join us exploring and enjoying Oregon nature. We invite you to get outside with us to see, smell, and hear the beauty of Oregon by foot, bike, and kayak.
4) Support us – As a grassroots organization, we rely on the generosity of everyday Oregonians to support our work.
Let's Get Together
Here's our calendar of events and important dates. Want to add something? Email us!