The Kittatinny Group of the PA Sierra Club serves Berks and Schuylkill Counties. A membership-elected executive committee (ExCom) of seven members leads the Kittatinny Group, and meets 4 times a year. Any person in good standing as a Sierra Club member may be a candidate for election to the ExCom. A nominating committee considers prospective nominees and submits a slate of candidates to the membership on a ballot available to members annually, by December 1st.
Kittatinny Group Executive Committee – Call for Nominations
“Attention all Kittatinny group members!”
The Kittatinny Group’s Nominating Committee (NomCom) is accepting nominations for the Executive Committee (7 member board). Five seats are open for a 2- year term (2023 – 2025). If you are interested in applying for consideration or have questions, contact Dave Hemberger at: email@example.com
Below is this year's election schedule:
- June/July - establish Nominating Committee
- October 10th – deadline for Candidate submission by nominees to the Nominating Committee
- October 20 - NomCom Reports Candidates to Excom
- October 20 - Appoint Election Committee
- November 3rd – Deadline for receipt of ballot issue petitions
- November 3rd – Candidate information sent to Chapter Election Committee
- December 1st - Eligible voter list pulled by Chapter Election Committee
- December 1st - Email Sent w/ballot link to all Kittatinny group members
- December 1st - Printer mails postcard – from Chapter
- December 31 - Election Committee Counts the Ballots
In last year's elections, the following members were elected to the Kittatinny Group Executive Committee for a 2 year term, serving from 2023-2025:
Stephanie is a mother, writer, professor, and community advocate. She believes in the power of stories to create important social and environmental change. She lives in Blandon with her family.
Dave currently serves at the Kittatinny Group chair, and has been on his local ExCom for 10 years. At the Chapter level he coordinates political endorsements as the Chapter’s Political Chair. A school board member in his second term, Dave advocates for sustainability practices such as solar energy. He’s especially proud of his grandchildren who have developed an early enthusiasm for nature and conservation practices.
|Word or Phrase
|Word or phrase to search for:
|All or part of leader name to search for:
No Matching Activities Found
|Activity (click title for full description)