The Sierra Club has two awards programs:
A volunteer awards program is run by the Honors and Awards Committee. This program recognizes people within the Club and outside the Club who have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment. Awards are given in a variety of areas, including conservation, outings, administration, photography, journalism, and working with youth. The deadline for nominations is June 1 each year. See a list of who the Sierra Club Awards are named after.
A staff awards program is conducted under the auspices of the Club's Human Resources department. Nominations for staff awards are accepted from Sierra Club staff members and volunteers, but not from the general public, and the staff awards are presented in May.
- Nomination Forms for Volunteer Awards
- Nominate Sierra Club Members for Other Awards
- Start an awards program for your chapter or group (PDF)
- Follow the Awards Committee on Facebook
- Volunteer and staff award recipients: listing by award (PDF)
- Volunteer and staff award recipients: alphabetical listing (PDF)
Ellen Davis (chair)
Fair Oaks, CA