The Sierra Club has two awards programs:
A volunteer awards program is run by the Honors and Awards Committee. This program recognizes people within the Club and outside the Club who have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment. Awards are given in a variety of areas, including conservation, outings, administration, photography, journalism, and working with youth. Brief descriptions of each award are available here.
A staff awards program is conducted under the auspices of the Club's Human Resources department. Nominations for staff awards are accepted from Sierra Club staff members and volunteers, but not from the general public, and the staff awards are presented in May. You may download a list of staff award descriptions here.
- Nomination Forms for Volunteer Awards
- Nominate Sierra Club Members for Other Awards
- Start an awards program for your chapter or group (PDF)
- Follow the Awards Committee on Facebook
- Volunteer and staff award recipients: listing by award (PDF)
- Volunteer and staff award recipients: alphabetical listing (PDF)
- See photos from the 2014 awards event
- Sierra Club Announces 2014 Award Winners
- Sierra Club Names New Award After Dr. Robert Bullard
July 2014 - The award honors individuals or groups that have done outstanding work in the area of environmental justice.
Ellen Davis (chair)
Bryan TX 77806
Fair Oaks, CA