The Sierra Club DC Chapter holds elections in the fourth quarter of every year for two-year terms on the Executive Committee, in accordance with its bylaws. The Executive Committee (excom) has approved the following schedule for the 2023 elections:
- Deadline to submit names to Nominating Committee for consideration: September 22
- Deadline for Nominating Committee to report nominees to ExCom: October 13
- Deadline to submit petitions to Nominations Committee: October 27
- Deadline to obtain member list for sending election materials: November 17
- Week of elections materials mailing: November 20
- Closing of election: December 17
- Deadline for Election Committee to count ballots and report results: December 19
If you are interested in running or would like to suggest another person, or if you have any questions about the election, please email email@example.com.
Only dues-payed members of the DC Chapter may vote in the election.
Members must be registered and reflected in the official member list as of November 17, 2023 in order to be eligible to vote.
The election will be conducted by electronic ballot, with notices of elections and ballots sent by email.