- Make a Financial Gift
- Become a Monthly Donor
- Tax-Deductible Gifts
- Planned Giving: Creating an Enduring Environmental Legacy
- Connect With Us
- Other Ways to Give
Make a Financial Gift
The Sierra Club DC Chapter is fighting tirelessly to protect our local air, water, nearby nature, and environment across all eight DC Wards. Join thousands of DC Chapter members in supporting our work to build a sustainable DC and a healthy planet for future generations.
Your donation supports our effective advocacy and conservation efforts and will be applied where most urgently needed. Best of all, 100% of your contribution stays here in DC to work locally on the issues you care about.
At the moment, those priorities include:
- Advocating for the replacement of all lead water pipes across the District;
- Electrifying the Metrobus fleet to improve air quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
- Transitioning DC’s buildings off fossil fuels and to efficient clean energy;
- Mobilizing volunteers to make walking and cycling safer and more accessible;
- Promoting the reduction of food waste and plastic throughout the District by fighting for more sustainable food packaging;
- And much more.
Become a DC Chapter Monthly Donor
One of the easiest and most impactful ways to support the DC Chapter is to join our community of monthly donors. Monthly donors empower our ongoing advocacy and important local work to tackle the climate crisis, advance clean energy, and protect our air and water from pollution--even a few dollars a month makes a tremendous difference.
Donations through the above links are not tax deductible as they support our community-based advocacy efforts.
You can leave an enduring environmental legacy by including the DC Chapter of Sierra Club in your will, trust, or other estate plans. Keeping your gift local empowers effective conservation for years to come.
There are many benefits to this type of giving:
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your gift to a particular purpose (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- Under current tax law, there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.
We are happy to work with you to ensure your legacy endures. Our chapter fundraising team would love to meet with you to discuss your goals. For more information about bequests and planned giving, including sample gift language for your will or trust, or how to donate stocks contact us at email@example.com.
If you are ready to leave a gift to support the Sierra Club DC Chapter in your will or trust, ask your attorney to add this suggested sample wording to your estate documents:
“I give _____ [amount or percentage] to Sierra Club, tax-ID number 94-1153307, a California nonprofit corporation, currently located at 2101 Webster Street, Suite 1300, Oakland, CA 94612 (Attention: Gift Planning Program), to be used to support the activities of the DC Chapter. In the event that the DC Chapter (or its successor) ceases to exist as a Sierra Club entity, then the Board of Directors of Sierra Club shall have sole authority in administering the funds."
If you'd like to support the Sierra Club DC Chapter through your retirement account, simply update the beneficiary designation form provided by your account administrator with the following information:
Sierra Club Foundation, FBO DC Chapter, tax-ID number 94-6069890.
Our chapter fundraising team can work with you to discuss additional pathways to support the DC Chapter’s important work, including:
- how you can make a tax-deductible contribution,
- how to contribute stocks or other investments, or
- to help you better understand our work and how you may best support it.
For more information about you you can support your DC Chapter of the Sierra Club, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are links to non-cash ways to support the DC Chapter: