Restaurants and institutional food providers can support good land management practices and enhance eaters’ health through responsible sourcing and by providing plant-forward meals. Schools can educate students on where their food comes from. USDA has a number of programs to encourage local sourcing supporting farmers and businesses. We can engage.
- Restaurants and Chefs: Check out a Chef’s Guide to Healthy Soil.
- Preschools and Kindergartens: See Rodale Institute's "My First Garden" Resource Curriculum consisting of 5 complete lesson plans. https://rodaleinstitute.org/myfirstgarden/
- Schools: Explore the Edible Schoolyard Project. Implement their successful student-learning program at your school.
- Schools: Explore Farm to School Resources
- Schools: Explore Farm to School Fact Sheets
- Families: Check out Farmers to Families Food Boxes
- Want to reconfigure the nation's food system? Check out Farm to Table - Building Local and Regional Food Systems
- Schools and Institutions: Check out Farm to Institution Initiatives