National Sierra Club is active in pushing the relief bills making their way through Congress to prioritize helping workers before industries and corporations. Sierra Club California has signed on to a multi-organization letter titled Government ResponseTo the Coronavirus Must Include Immigrants & Refugees.
At the national level, Sierra Club is also working on the following timely campaigns:
- Call for an urgent Moratorium on Electricity and Water Shutoffs
- Oppose Oil and Gas Bailouts
- Push for a just recovery
- Protect our democracy and elections
- Demand suspension of major policy and regulation changes, oil and gas lease sales, and comment periods
- Support the clean energy sector
- Support public transit agencies
The Sonoma Group is continuing to work by remote meeting. All the best to our community in this difficult time - take care of yourselves and others.