We hope this scorecard has helped shed some light on your state lawmakers, their values, and how much they put your best interests ahead of polluting special interests. You might be wondering, what do I do now? To see meaningful change and a real power shift at our state capitol will take sustained pressure and collective action. It won’t happen overnight, and it won’t happen in one cycle, but it can happen with your help. Here are six things you can do:
- Share this scorecard with other Texans. It’s on our website at sc.org/2023TXScorecard and available as a pdf.
- Share what you have learned on social media. Tag your State Rep or State Senator and let them know how they scored and what you think about it (tag us too on Instagram, X, or Facebook!).
- Vote. It’s as simple as that.
- Reach out to your lawmakers and express your gratitude or dissatisfaction on their actions (or inactions) during the 88th Texas Legislature. Find out who represents you, and then contact your State Reps and State Senators.
- Join our legislative team! We are always looking for motivated Texans ready to take action. Huddle up with like-minded folks to organize a face-to-face meeting with your lawmaker, disseminate factsheets at the Capitol or district offices, write a letter to the editor, help out with a postcard writing campaign, and so much more!
- If you’re unable to volunteer, consider a financial gift to the Sierra Club Lone Star Chapter. 100% of your contribution will stay right here in Texas to help our growing team build the power we need to win!
If you’d like to stay up to date with our legislative work, please sign up for our legislative updates here!
Thank you for all you do to make Texas a better place!