Welcome To the Sierra Club Houston Group
We invite everone to Like our two Facebook pages, and visit often for quality interaction:
Please consider joining the Sierra Club Outings group on Meetup to get updated information about local outings, meetings, and events.
- View the list of outings and events without joining, or join Meetup to get emails about events coming up, and updates to events.
- You can let the Outings leader know you are coming, so you can be informed of any last-minute changes or cancellations due to weather.
- You can see who else is going on a particular Outing, how many people are going, and how many are on the waitlist. For any outing in the list, click “going” or “waiting” at the left of the description.
- You can view the Outings in a Calendar format, or as a list. Click “Upcoming Meetups” in the left column. Then click the “Calendar” tab, just under “Welcome!”
- You can also post photos from outings and view the photos from others.
- You can read and comment on Discussions about one of the Outings.
- The Outings and Events on Meetup are updated all the time (the Bayou Banner is only updated once every two months).
Go to the Houston Sierra Club Outings on Meetup at
If you are interested in helping and/or contributing content, or if you notice any mistakes in the new site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Houston Sierra Club is to foster the quality of the environment within its territorial limits and to work for the purposes of the Sierra Club, including: "To protect and conserve the natural resources of the State of Texas, the United States, and the world; to undertake an publish scientific and educational studies concerning all aspects of man's environment and the natural ecosystems of the world; and to educate the people of the United States and the world to the need to preserve and restore the quality of that environment and the integrity of those ecosystems."
Please join us at one of our upcoming monthly programs
(Note: the programs start at 7:30 P.M., and there is an Informal social period that begins at 7:00 PM., but if you arrive earlier than 7:00 PM the building might not be open! We do encourage people to arrive before the 7:30 start time so that everyone can be settled and the program can begin on time.)
January 14: General Meeting begins promptly at 7:30 P.M. (social period to visit the refreshment table, mingle and chat, and visit the information tables starts at 7:00 PM.)
In January, the Sierra Club welcomes Kent Clingerman, Community Aide with the Harris County Precinct 4 Community Assistance Department. Kent will provide an overview of the latest developments at the parks in precinct 4, as well as a special presentation on Spring Creek and Cypress Creek Greenway project. Precinct 4 is part of the headwaters for Houston and the Galveston bay, and as such Precinct 4 plays a critical role in flood control and floatable litter mitigation. In addition to the critical infrastructure work, Precinct 4 offers many great parks and opportunities for recreation; and Kent will bring maps for folks interested in visiting one of the Precinct 4 parks. To learn more, join us Thursday night, January 14, as we learn together how Precinct 4 works to support Houston's quality of life!
Location: St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
1805 West Alabama (at the corner of West Alabama and Woodhead).
(Social period begins at 7:00 PM. Main program begins promptly at 7:30 PM.)
Houston Group Newsletter
For the current newsletter, click the "Newsletters" navigation tab from the main menu above.
This is the complete calendar of activities for the Houston Group. For the outings calendar, see the Outings tab.
|Word or Phrase||Word or phrase to search for:|
|Leader||All or part of leader name to search for:|
No Matching Activities Found
|Date||Activity (click title for full description)||Sponsor||Category||Type||Difficulty||Miles