The Arkansas Chapter's March 2015 Fundraising Campaign is underway
- AR Sierra Club Media Hits: EPA Water Rule
- Mar. 24 Press Release - Sierra Club Response To Attorney General Rutledge's U.S. Senate Committee Testimony
- Apr. 29 - W - is deadline for ballots - National Sierra Club Board of Directors Election
- - - For candidate information, go to http://www.sierraclub.org/board/election.
Government or other non-Sierra Club Events:
Except as specifically noted, the following activities are not sponsored nor administered by the Sierra Club. The Sierra Club has no information about the planning of these activities and makes no representations or warranties about the quality, safety, supervision or management of such activities. They are published only as a reader service because they may be of interest to the readers of this publication.
- Mar. 31 Tu - Fort Smith - ADEQ workshops on obtaining Stormwater Construction Permits
Apr. 1 W - Jacob Silverman, a freelance writer and author of the new book Terms of Service: Social Media and the Price of Constant Connection will speak at the UofA Clinton School of Public Service at 6 pm. For reservations, call 501-683-5239 or e-mail email@example.com.
Apr. 4 Sa - 8 am - 5 pm - The Southern Center for Agroecology is hosting a Spring planting festival at 5910 G St. , Little Rock. The event includes aplant sale and a seed exchange. For more information, go to http://southerncenterforagroecology.org/
- Apr. 16 Th - NLR ADEQ HQ - EPA Public Hearing - Regional Haze and Visibility Transport Requirements
- Apr. 20 M - Jasper - Public Hearing on C&H Farms (Written comments accepted Mar. 18 - Apr. 17.)
- Jun. 16-18 Tu-Th - EPA Environmental Justice Conference in Little Rock
- - - - - - 17 people signed up for conference as of 2/23
- - - - - - 33 people signed up for conference as of 2/24
- - - - - - 48 people signed up for conference as of 2/27
- - - - - - 56 people signed up for conference as of 3/4; 44 spots still open
- - - - - - 61 people signed up for conference as of 3/7; 39 spots still open
- - - - - - 71 people signed up for conference as of 3/11; 29 spots still open
- - - - - - 77 people signed up for conference as of 3/16; 23 spots still open
- - - - - - 84 people signed up for conference as of 3/18; 16 spots still open
- - - - - - 89 people signed up for conference as of 3/19; 11 spots still open
Web Site - Content Quick Links
Chapter in the News | Newsletter | Check our Chapter Facebook Group for latest posts.
Club Events (last change 3/9) | Activity Reports | Road Conditions | Web Site Map
Fracking 101 Video | First Aid Classes - list of | Astronomy Star Parties
Record of Past Chapter/Group Activities | Historic Preservation Program Tours
What's New on the Web site: [TOP]
Supreme Court Justice to visit state on 4/16. See Other Events page. [posted 3/26]
Chapter in the News - Info added on 3/25
Additional ADEQ Public Hearings added to ADEQ Info page [posted 3/25]
Press Release - March 11: EPA Proposes New Haze Restrictions in Arkansas
Arkansas Chapter Newsletter - Winter 2015 [posted 3/6]
Sierra Club Action Alert: -- - NO on SB333 - click on link, read msg, take action. [posted 2/27]
March deadline - Application for summer intern positions with Senators/Congressmen [posted 2/2015]
EPA Environmental Justice Conference in Little Rock from June 16-18 [posted 2/23]
Wind-power Line Good for Arkansas, a guest editorial by Sierra Club intern Hanna Davis in today's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette [posted 2/21]
Good Jobs Green Jobs Conference on 4/13 added to Other Events [posted 2/13]
OUTSIDE OF ARKANSAS:
California has near record drought: Check CA Gov. Brown's press release [dated/posted 3/19]
Arctic National Wildlife Refuge - - - - Environmental Impact Statement [posted 2/2]
Texas Coal Plants An Issue, Sierra Club Says
By Doug Thompson - NW News - December 30, 2014
Two coal-fired power plants in Texas stand as the most immediate threat to air quality in Northwest Arkansas, said the director of the Sierra Club in Arkansas.
The plants are among seven at issue in a Jan. 15 public hearing in Oklahoma City. The federal Environmental Protection Agency called the hearing after rejecting parts of Texas' plan to gradually reduce the amount of haze-causing sulfur dioxide from the plants.
Glen Hooks, this state's Sierra Club director, said his group will argue at the hearing the sulfur dioxide contributes to haze as far north as Benton and Washington counties and over the federally protected headwaters of the Buffalo National River. ... MORE [TOP]
|Tue, 04/21/2015||General Meeting||
6:30 PM to 8:00 PMCentral Arkansas Group
3003 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA