Our Executive Committee meets the second Tuesday of each month from at the Community Room at the Corte Madera Town Center, 770 Tamalpais Drive, Suite 201, Corte Madera, CA 94925. All Sierra Club members are welcome to attend our meetings!
Join Your Local Executive Committee!
The Marin Group is in the process of filling a vacancy on its 11-member Executive Committee: the governing body for the Sierra Club at the most local level. The Executive Committee oversees essential functions of the Marin Group, deciding local conservation policy, endorsing political candidates, and administering programs and activities. All Club members who live in Marin County are automatically members of the Marin Group and are eligible to serve on the Executive Committee. If you wish to learn more or be considered, please email Marin Group chair Max Perrey.
The Sierra Club Marin Group consists of the approximately 4,000 Club members who live in Marin County, California, governed by an Executive Committee of 11 elected volunteer Club leaders. The Marin Group is one of the oldest environmental organizations in Marin County and continues to be a strong and active advocate for environmental issues.
All Club members who live here are also automatically members of the Marin Group, a regional group of the San Francisco Bay Chapter of the Sierra Club.
Major Marin Group activities include:
- Investigation on issues of importance to Marin's environment.
- Preservation of wild and open spaces, habitat and wildlife in Marin County.
- Public advocacy including lobbying City, County, and other officials on issues that affect Marin's environment: land development proposals, water supply, transportation, agriculture, parks, recreation, trails, wildlife protection, toxics, environmental justice.
- Interviewing candidates for elected office, researching ballot measures, and providing voting guides for our members.
- Presenting informative and hands-on programs about local issues, habitat and governmental process issues.
- Organizing hikes and outings to visit and learn about Marin's natural beauty and resources.
- Political endorsements - Read our endorsement history.
|Word or Phrase||Word or phrase to search for:|
|Leader||All or part of leader name to search for:|
No Matching Activities Found
|Date||Activity (click title for full description)||Sponsor||Category||Type||Difficulty||Miles