Develop zero waste policies and programs at the local and state levels. Advocate for a circular economy. Collaborate with other groups to promote environmental justice and fight climate change.
Hoiyin Ip (Angeles Chapter)
Ruth Abbe (San Francisco Bay Chapter)
- Advocate for local ordinances and state bills on zero waste.
- Develop public education programs, engage local communities and businesses.
- Collaborate with other groups to promote environmental justice and fight climate change.
- Tips for Sustainable In-Person Events and Meetings: 2023 Club-wide sustainable event award application form and common features of awarded events
- Oppose Synthetic Turf: 2022 California's resolution and 2023 Council of Club Leaders' resolution
- Plastic Free July 2023: Information from Sierra Club Chapters and Storytelling Contest
- Balloon Ban Tracker
- Impacts of Microplastics
- NGOs' Sign-On Letters on Plastics Issues
- Grassroots Network Single Use Plastic Plus Subteam's Website
- Lawsuit Against the Coca-Cola Company, BlueTriton Brands and Niagara Bottling for Misleading Consumers by Labeling Their Plastic Bottles As “100% Recyclable”: Press Release and Article
- Expanded Polystyrene Foodware Ban in State Parks and Senate Bill 378 (Gonzalez)
- Foodware Policy Tracker
- Our Positions on Single-Use Plastic Foodware Bans
- Supporting and Opposing Comments on Single-Use Plastic Foodware Bans
- Public Entities’ Divestment
- Carbon Neutrality Pledge by Local Governments
- Trash Source Reduction & Prevention Proposal to Stormwater Agencies
- Organic Waste Reduction Proposal to Local Governments and Activist Toolkit
- Zero Waste Policy and Guidance on Destructive Disposal