The CCC is composed of 58 delegates: (click here for a list of our most recent delegates)
- 26 of whom are appointed executive committees of the 13 local Sierra Club chapters in California, including the Toiyabe Chapter, which contains Nevada and parts of Eastern California,
- 24 of whom are appointed by the CCC Steering Committee
- 7 CCC Steering Committee members.
- 1 from Toiyable representing the Range of Light Group
The CCC is led by a steering committee of seven elected active members. The Steering Committee builds CCC meeting agendas, sends out meeting minutes, maintains the website – and does whatever is needed to establish and disseminate statewide conservation policy.
The current (2022-2023) CCC Steering Committee Members are:
- Joan Taylor, Chair
- Chance Cutrano, Northern Vice Chair
- Bobbi Jo Chavarria, Southern Vice Chair
- Bill Smith, Northern Secretary
- Parshan Kosravi, Southern Secretary
- Kathy Dervin, CCC Liaison (Sierra Club California Conservation Chair)
- Nathan Chan, Treasurer/Registrar
The entire CCC meets in the spring to elect Steering Committee members and again sometime in the fall. The CCC may also meet once or twice more each year via teleconferenced sites in Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, Sacramento, and other locations.
At CCC meetings, delegates consider and vote on conservation policy resolutions, educate each other about issues, best known methods, Sierra Club tools, successes and disappointments – and get to know other activists throughout the state. These meetings are often the only time that many activists, who normally may only work with each other via conference calls, have a chance to meet each other in person. CCC meetings are open to all Sierra Club members. The CCC Steering Committee has monthly conference call meetings.