There are many ways you can get involved with the Indian Peaks Group and the Sierra Club. The easiest way is to come to one of our events. If you want to do more, attend a committee meeting and maybe become a member. And speak up!
Who We Are:
The mission of the Sierra Club political program is to preserve the environment through nonpartisan grassroots political action. These are principal goals of the program:
- To elect candidates who will support and promote environmental protection
- To raise public awareness about environmental issues and elevate the priority of these issues for decision-makers
- To encourage Club members and other environmentalists to participate in the political process
- To advance the Club's conservation agenda by building relationships with legislators and other elected officials
- To strengthen the Sierra Club's capacity to elect pro-environment candidates at every level of government