One Strange Rock is a mind-bending, full-sensory journey that explores the fragility and wonder of our planet. It’s the extraordinary story of why life as we know it exists on Earth, brought into perspective by the only people to have left it behind: astronauts.
Narrated by Will Smith, this 10-part series, which was filmed across 45 countries, on six continents, and from outer space, reveals the twists of fate that have allowed life to emerge, survive, and thrive on Earth.
Discover our planet like never before and share the experience with those closest to you. Explore the fragility and wonder of our planet by hosting a viewing party with your friends and family when the series premieres on Monday, March 26 at 10:00 PST / 10:00 EST / 9:00 CST.
Thank You Message From Darren
Watch the Trailer
Read Sierra magazine's review of One Strange Rock
Houston We Have a Problem: In One Strange Rock, Spaceship Earth is out of this world
WhatWatch One Strange Rock with your friends and family!
WhenMonday, March 26 at 10:00 PST / 10:00 EST / 9:00 CST.
WhereYour house: Watch One Strange Rock on the National Geographic Channel at yours or your friends' house!
How to Organize a Watch Party
- Decide where to host and remember, you'll need access to the National Geographic Channel.
- When deciding start and end time for your party, be sure to allow time for your friends and family to eat and socialize before show.
- Invitiations: Send an email to your friends and family, set up a facebook event and invite your social circle, call your closest friends, or walk around your block and invite your neighbors!
- Because it is on a Monday -- make it clear that you will feed your guests dinner and provide drinks! This way they may be more inclined to attend during a work/school night.
After the Show
- Allow a half hour or more after the show for discussion.
- Start off the discussion to get your guests involved by highlighting parts of the show that were interesting or talking about things you learned.
- Give your guests time to take our online action below.
- This is also a good time to decide on your next gathering! One Strange Rock is a ten-part series which will give you many more nights to get together with your friends and family!
What You Can Do>> Tell Your Utility: Don't Buy Dirty Fuels from Former National Monuments
As of the first week of February, more than two million acres of formerly protected public lands are now open to mining corporations and energy developers that will try and sell the fuels. Help stop them.
When Donald Trump and Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke ignored over 2.8 million public comments and illegally eliminated protections for vast portions of Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monuments, it was obvious that it was a gift to the dirty energy industry and a betrayal of local communities and indigenous peoples.
Now, those national monuments will be available for sale to the highest bidder. More than two million acres of formerly protected public lands are now open to mining corporations and energy developers that will try and sell the fuels they extract from our precious public lands to utilities all over the country.
The decimation and sale of public lands for the profit of the fossil fuel industry is unacceptable! That’s why we’re taking immediate steps to fight back. Help by telling your utilities NOT to buy dirty fuels mined from former national monuments!
>> No Oil Drilling in Our Oceans!
Donald Trump's Department of the Interior has proposed the largest expansion of offshore drilling ever -- expanding drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, and even the Arctic. We can’t allow this administration to jeopardize our waters, communities, and wildlife! Take action to tell Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to reverse the decision to allow oil and gas drilling off our coasts!