In 2019, Nevada’s Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) was enacted; it requires 50% renewable energy by 2030, with a goal of 100% by 2050.
In 2022 Federal Legislation, the Inflation Reduction Act, was enacted, the biggest Environmental Bill in US History.
Nevada will receive billions of dollars from the IRA to help us achieve our climate goals.
We have a chance to move our climate and energy vision forward in 2023. But we need your help to do it.
The Toiyabe Chapter Legislative Committee is active in supporting bills that improve the environment. Our priorities this session are:
- Clean air and water
- Sustainability of our water supply
- Healthy public lands and wildlife habitats
- Environmentally sound urban planning
- Protecting wildlife
- Environmental Justice -- bringing relief to those first- and worst-impacted by climate impacts
- Environmental Health Effects including toxins, pollutants, and pesticides
- Clean Energy
- Clean Transportation
- Preserving our democracy and voting rights
Your help is needed to convince Nevada legislators to work to make these goals realities.
(California members, click here to connect with Sierra Club California's Legislative Action page.)
We need your help:
- Register for the Legislative Website (NELIS) to enable voicing your opinion on bills
- Watch for email Action Alerts from our Legislative Committee to voice your support/opposition of bills on NELIS
- Join our Legislative Committee team!
The work continues. With your support, we'll be effective.