Welcome to the Sierra Club Toiyabe Chapter
UPDATES IN PROGRESS. VISIT BACK SOON!
We are YOUR LOCAL activists in Nevada, Lake Tahoe, and the Eastern Sierra, fighting on your behalf on the following issues:
- Protecting public lands, wildlife and their habitats, and our region's scarce waters from speculation and development
- Electing and encouraging environmental champions at all levels to pursue 100% renewable energy, community solar, protecting Nevada's water law, better infrastructure for electric vehicles and mass transit, and walkable, healthier, climate-resilient communities instead of sprawl
- Advocating for smart-growth, open space protection, and transportation that makes sense in regional planning efforts
- Protecting our region's scarce and essential waters from "water-mining" (using water faster than it recharges), commodification and pollution
- Read more about all of the issues we cover
We're always recruiting, training, and empowering volunteer activists to build a democratic movement in pursuit of these issues and more! If you want to volunteer to lend at hand, let us know here.
And of course, we introduce people to the wonders of nature through our regional outings programs. Scroll to the bottom of the page for a calendar of events and outings throughout the Chapter. If you want to become an outings leader, learn more here.
If you want to support the local work of the oldest, largest, grassroots environmental organization in the country, please donate here.
Members, if you need help with address changes and other administrative tasks, click here to contact Member Services.
If you don't see what you're looking for, please email email@example.com.
Local News and Information
|Word or Phrase
|Word or phrase to search for:
|All or part of leader name to search for:
No Matching Activities Found
|Activity (click title for full description)