Make a donation
Make a difference today by donating to the Washington State Chapter and supporting what matters to you and your community.
When you make a contribution directly to the Washington State Chapter, every dollar you give stays here to fund our local campaigns and efforts. We rely on support from our local donors to power our statewide advocacy efforts.
Your contribution to the Washington State Chapter will work to:
- Protect our treasured lands, water, and wildlife
- Keep our air and water clean
- Build a clean energy future
- Slow climate disruption
- Fight for environmental justice
- Hold politicians accountable
Contributions to Sierra Club and the Washington State Chapter are not tax-deductible; they support effective, citizen-based advocacy and lobbying efforts.
Click here to make your donation today!
If you'd like to send your donation as a check by mail, please make the check out to "Sierra Club Washington State Chapter" and mail to 180 Nickerson St. #202, Seattle, WA 98109.
Make your gift monthly
When you commit to making a monthly gift to the Sierra Club Washington State Chapter, your contributions provide dependable and stable funding for our work throughout the year. Support from our monthly, sustaining donors allows us to remain nimble and ready to respond to threats to our environment and communities whenever they might arise.
If you’re ready to sign up for a monthly gift to the Washington State Chapter, you can do so here. Thank you so much for your support!
Donate your vehicle
Donate your vehicle through Sierra Club's partner CARS and receive a tax deduction while supporting the Washington State Chapter’s local work to protect our environment and our communities.
CARS will pick up most cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, off-road vehicles, and heavy equipment, making it easy for you to support the Washington State Chapter’s mission to protect our state’s lands, air, water, and wildlife.
How does it work?
- Call 844-6-SIERRA or 844-674-3772 or Submit the Secure Online Form. The Vehicle Donor Support Team will walk you through the process, including arranging your free pick-up and helping you with steps to release your liability after you donate.
- Schedule Your Free Pick-up. In most cases, we can schedule the vehicle pick-up with a preferred licensed vendor on the initial call once the donation record has been completed. Our vehicle donation program has also requested that drivers practice safe and secure interactions with donors, including minimizing contact.
- Receive a Donation Receipt. In most cases, you will receive an initial donation receipt from the tow driver at the time of your vehicle pick-up. If the vehicle sells for $500 or less, donors are also mailed a thank-you letter within 30 days of the sale of the vehicle, which serves as a tax receipt. If the vehicle sells for more than $500 and the donor has provided their tax identiﬁcation number, an IRS Form 1098-C will be mailed to the donor within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds (the maximum amount of your tax deduction) received from your donation. For speciﬁc tax-related questions, please consult a tax advisor.
Planning an estate gift to Sierra Club or Sierra Club Foundation to benefit the Washington State Chapter enables you to create your legacy and ensure support for generations to come. Depending on the type of gift you choose—whether it’s a gift in your will, a gift of retirement assets, or a gift that provides you with income—a legacy gift can help you to:
- Feel secure about making a future impact on the health of your regional communities.
- Maintain control of your assets for life.
- Receive tax benefits.
- Give more than you ever thought possible.
- Join an extraordinary group of visionary partners who share your passion for a healthy planet.
If you have already made a planned gift or would like further information, please contact our Gift Planning office at (800) 932-4270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about additional ways to donate to the Sierra Club Washington State Chapter, please contact Bethany Taylor at email@example.com or 775-378-3696.