Iowa Sierra Club Awards
The Iowa Chapter of Sierra Club honors activists and volunteers for their efforts to protect the environment. Please consider nominating someone for an award. Winners will be presented with their award at the annual meeting. The nomination must include:
- Award Category (see below for categories)
- Name of nominee
- Address and phone number of nominee
- Statement of why you think the nominee should receive the award
- Your name, address and phone number. If it is a group nomination, give the name of a contact person.
Submit nominations by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Distinguished Service - For a Club member who has shown service to the Club over a number of years. This is the Iowa Chapter’s highest award.
- Activist Award - For a member who has served the Club in any capacity during the past year in a way that greatly promoted the goals and purposes of the Iowa Chapter of Sierra Club.
- Business Service Award - For a business or individual in business who has contributed significantly to environmental issues directly affecting Iowa.
- Environmental Journalism - For a person working in the news media who has contributed significantly to environmental understanding at a community, county, or state level.
- Steward of the Land Award - For a farmer or other individual whose agricultural practices promote soil conservation and/or other environmentally positive results.
- Public Service Award - For a legislative or governmental employee or appointee who has contributed significantly to environmental issues directly affecting Iowa.
- Environmental Educator Award - For an educator at any level of education who has contributed significantly to an increased understanding of the environment.
- Grassroots Award - For any individual whose contributions have resulted in significant change regarding the environment in a local community