For more than 50 years, the North Carolina Chapter of Sierra Club has helped to protect natural areas, ensure clean air and water, promote clean energy solutions, and more on behalf of all our state's people.
Our current focus areas include:
- Climate change, including coastal adaptation and more clean energy use and access as a way to mitigate its impact
- Pollution in our air, land and water, whether in heavily populated areas, rural communities or our natural areas
- Public lands, where we seek to safeguard rare and endangered species, protect recreational and biologically sensitive areas from extraction, and assure that all our state's residents and visitors have safe access
- Equity, inclusion and justice for North Carolinians of color and other underserved peoples, who are most affected by environmental degradation and natural disasters
- NC's Carbon Plan, which is intended to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from electricity generation. We're keeping an eye on the N.C. Utilities Commission and Duke Energy as they work on the Carbon Plan's 2024 update.
Donate to Protect NC!
Want to support this work? To make sure 100% of your charitable gift stays right here at home, make a tax-deductible donation online now. Or you can mail your gift to:
The Sierra Club Foundation - NC Chapter
P.O. Box 30396
Raleigh, NC 27622-0396
Follow this link to support our policy and legislative advocacy work.
Questions? Please contact Cynthia Satterfield at the NC Chapter office at 919-833-8467 or email@example.com.