Since 1967 the Michigan Chapter has organized the bold action of citizens working together to protect and restore our Great Lakes state’s health and heritage. With over 150,000 members and supporters in the state, we are volunteer-led, and we actively coordinate our work on many levels. The Michigan Chapter works with volunteer leaders, state agencies and the legislature for better environmental stewardship statewide.
In 2024, there are crucial fights that we are gearing up for, including:
- Getting the dangerous Line 5 pipeline shut down once and for all, despite the MPSC's decision to approve Enbridge's permit for a tunnel replacement.
- Fighting for more utility and industry accountability and getting secret money out of Lansing
- Pushing for strong community solar bills in the Legislature that will allow families and individuals to harness their own power from the sun
- Advocating for strict regulations on industrial farming operations to better protect our lakes, rivers, and streams from hazardous toxins (including human waste)
- Passing a strong and equitable Water Affordability Package because water is life and every Michigander deserves access to clean, safe, and affordable drinking water.
We can't do this alone - join the Michigan Chapter today to help us ensure a brighter future for generations to come.
|Word or Phrase
|Word or phrase to search for:
|All or part of leader name to search for:
No Matching Activities Found
|Activity (click title for full description)