PLAN NOW TO ATTEND THE 2023 SIERRA CLUB ANNUAL GATHERING
Mark your calendars for November 10 - 12, 2023, and make plans to attend the Sierra Club Kentucky Annual Gathering. This year we will meet at Rough River Dam State Resort Park, encompassing 637 acres on Rough River Lake in Grayson County. Our goal is to energize and educate our members and friends on environmental issues relevant to Kentucky and the nation. There will also be plenty of opportunities to socialize on Friday and Saturday evenings. Saturday evening's all-local food buffet is a favorite of previous attendees. Lodge rooms are available at reasonable rates, and a variety of dietary needs can be met.
Park lodging is full, but cancellations can always occur. You may get on a waiting list by contacting the Chapter Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-644-6059.
Registration is still open but getting close to full.
LODGING FOR THE EVENT
Meals are "on your own" except for Saturday evening's buffet/banquet.
Rough River Dam State Resort Park Lodge features a full service restaurant, Grayson's Landing Restaurant. Where you can enjoy gorgeous lakeside scenery while dining. As a supporter of the Kentucky Proud program, they use local meats and produce when available and now serve Kentucky wine and spirits in the restaurant.
- Friday & Saturday Breakfast, 7 to 10 a.m. / Lunch 11:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. / Dinner ( buffet) 4:30 to 9 p.m.
- Sunday Breakfast (buffet) 7 to 10 a.m. / Lunch (buffet) 11:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. / Dinner 4:30 to 8 p.m.
These hours are all Central Time.
SHARED ROOMS and CARPOOLING
If you are willing to share a room but do not have a roommate, please contact Becky Hunger, and ask to be paired with a roommate, preferably before making your lodging reservation. Also, if you are interested in ride-sharing, please contact Becky also, who can be reached at at email@example.com or 502-489-7497 (call or text).
GROUP-ASSISTED SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MEALS & LODGING
We remain committed to keeping our Annual Gathering as affordable as possible while also acknowledging that the costs of registration and lodging are a barrier for some. Group-assisted scholarships are available to help diversify attendance and ensure inclusivity. Sierra Club Kentucky leadership is committed to providing as much assistance as we can to keep registration fees from being a barrier to conference attendance. We also welcome contributions to help support our scholarships. More information for anyone wishing to support scholarships can be found below.
- Deadline to apply: October 27, 2023. But please try to apply before September 10th so we can get the discounted room rate.
- How to apply: Contact your local Sierra Club Group to apply. If you don’t know who that is, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once approved by the Group chair, register on this page (with $20.00 registration fee). Then email Becky Hunger at at email@example.com, 502-489-7497, with the name of the person and Group approving your application, your meal preferences, and any specific roommate requests. Becky will reserve your lodging and confirm roommate assignments.
- There are no strict rules, but scholarships are limited and first-come-first-in, so make contact soon!
HELP THE CHAPTER SUPPORT SCHOLARSHIPS
If you would like to support scholarships, you may either:
- Make an “Extra Donation” on the registration page.
- Write a separate check payable to Sierra Club Kentucky, putting “scholarships” on the memo line. Mail to: Becky Hunger, 2450 Glenmary Ave. #1, Louisville, KY 40204