To learn more about the Solano Group visit their page at https://www.sierraclub.org/redwood/solano
Group Outings Chair:
Provides leadership, direction and oversight to group outings program and its outings leaders, working to make outdoor activities an integrated and vital element of the group’s efforts.
- Maintaining current Sierra Club membership.
- Being familiar with the Outings Leader Handbook and all Club policies and procedures pertaining to the Group outings program.
- Ensuring that Group outings follow Club policies and procedures.
- Managing and minimizing the risks of Group Outings.
- Maintaining training and first aid certification requirements for Group Outings Leaders and ensuring all active leaders have met these requirements.
- Maintaining communication with the Chapter Outings Chair and Outings Volunteer Coordinator.
- Reviewing and approving all outings within the Group.
- Coordinating scheduling, planning, and publication requirements of Group Outings.
- Working with leaders to integrate conservation issues into the outings program whenever possible.
- Maintaining records as required by the Chapter and national outings program.
- Recruiting new outings participants and leaders.
Estimated Time Commitment: 10 hours a month.
Group Conservation Chair:
Provides leadership, direction and guidance to the group on all issues related to conservation.
- Identifying local conservation issues needing attention.
- Providing strategy and vision for conservation advocacy within the group.
- Recruiting and leading a Group conservation committee.
- Reporting on conservation committee activities to the Group executive committee.
Estimated Time Commitment: 5 hours a month, plus attendance at Group executive committee meetings.
Group Political Chair:
Lead the Group’s political committee to preserve the environment through grassroots nonpartisan political action.
- Coordinating the Group’s political program and representing the Group on the chapter political committee.
- Identifying and recruiting members of the Group’s political committee and assigning appropriate tasks to those members.
- Assembling information on local candidates to convey to the membership.
- Coordinating recommendations for local candidate and ballot measure endorsements.
Estimated Time Commitment:
The Group wants to host a regular series of forums for Club members and the general public, with speakers or panel discussions on diverse subjects of interest related to Club conservation objectives.
- Creating and maintaining a list of proposed topics and speakers.
- Recruiting participants for specific events.
- Scheduling specific events.
- Publicizing forums in the Redwood Needles, local news outlets, and social media.
- Working with the Membership Chair to capturing the names and contact information of attendees and entering it into the Club database.
- Thanking speakers after forums are held.
Estimated Time Commitment: 4 hours a month