For more information about the Mendocino Group visit them at
Mendocino Group Outings Chair:
Provides leadership, direction and oversight to group outings program and its outings leaders, working to make outdoor activities an integrated and vital element of the group’s efforts.
- Being familiar with the Outings Leader Handbook and all Club policies and procedures pertaining to the Group outings program.
- Ensuring that Group outings follow Club policies and procedures.
- Managing and minimizing the risks of Group Outings.
- Maintaining training and first aid certification requirements for Group Outings Leaders and ensuring all active leaders have met these requirements.
- Maintaining communication with the Chapter Outings Chair and Outings Volunteer Coordinator.
- Reviewing and approving all outings within the Group.
- Coordinating scheduling, planning, and publication requirements of Group Outings.
- Working with leaders to integrate conservation issues into the outings program whenever possible.
- Maintaining records as required by the Chapter and national outings program.
- Recruiting new outings participants and leaders.
Estimated Time Commitment: 10 hours a month.
Mendocino Group Webmaster:
Publicize the group’s programs, positions and activities through its website. Update the website regularly and maintain active communication with Group leaders to make sure the website is kept up to date and relevant. Must be willing to learn about website maintenance on the Sierra Club's Drupal platform.
Estimated Time Commitment: 4 hours a month.