Our mission is to explore, enjoy and protect the wild places of the earth; to practice and promote the responsible use of the earth's ecosystems and resources; to educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural human environment; and to use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.
The Pennsylvania Chapter was organized in the early 1970s and officially opened its office doors in Harrisburg in 1983. Our 25,000 members are lead by an all-volunteer executive committee who drive the conservational, political, and organizational development of the Chapter as it seeks to reach the objectives of the Sierra Club mission.
Chapter Executive Committee (ExCom)
The Chapter is governed by an Executive Committee (ExCom) made up of volunteer leaders from across the state that helps provide strategic direction and organizational support. The ExCom is comprised of six at-large delegates elected by Sierra Club members statewide in Pennsylvania who serve 2 year terms (3 term max) and one delegate representing each local Group in Pennsylvania.
The Chapter ExCom meets quarterly and all Sierra Club members are welcome to attend. Check the Chapter Calendar for details.
Call for Nominations -- Chapter At-Large ExCom Members 2024
This is a call for Nominations to seek election to the Pennsylvania Chapter Executive Committee as an At-Large Member to serve 2024-2025. Click here to submit a nomination!
2023 Executive Committee
- Jeff Smith, term expires Dec 2024
- Don Miles, term expires Dec 2024
- Lisa Anzalone, term expires Dec 2024
- Jim Wylie, term expires Dec 2023
- Jacqline Wolf Tice, term expires Dec 2023
- Dave Hemberger, term expires Dec 2023
- Judy Tanner, Moshannon Group
- Chris Shepherd, Allegheny Group
- Justina Wasicek, Governor Pinchot Group
- Matt MacConnell, Lehigh Valley Group
- Jesse Royer, Kittatinny Group
- Tracy Daniels, Lancaster Group
- Chuck Benson, Lake Erie Group
- Lana Gulden, Otzinachson Group
- Jerene Good, Southeastern PA Group
See the Local Groups page for a map of Group regions.
Chapter officers are elected by the ExCom every year.
- Chair - Chris Shepherd
- Vice Chair - Jim Wylie
- Treasurer - Lisa Anzalone
- Secretary - Mia Dawon
- CCL Delegate - Chris Shepherd, Matt MacConnell (alt), Jeff Smith (2nd Alt)
- Group Advocate - Justina Wasicek
- Compliance - Tom Au
- Political Compliance - Lisa Anzalone, Dave Hemberger
Chapter Chairs & Committees
- Steering Committee - Tracy Daniels, Jeff Smith (alt), Justina Wasicek, Don Miles, Lisa Anzalone (alt)
- Conservation Committee (co-chairs) - Tom Au, Jim Wylie, Matt MacConnell
- Political Committee - Dave Hemberger - Chair, Ian Barnhart - Vice-Chair
- Outings Committee - Meredith Nutting
- Equity Committee - Jacqline Wolf Tice
- Nominating Committee - Don Miles
- Finance Committee - Tracy Daniels
- Personnel Committee - Justina Wasicek, Jeff Smith
- Elections Committee - Jim Wylie
- Newsletter Chair - Jacqline Wolf Tice
- Fundraising Committee - open
- Member Engagement - Don Miles, Jim Wylie
- Digital Tools Committee - Jim Wylie
- Structural Transition - Jim Wylie
- Legislative Chair - Justina Wasicek
- Honors & Awards Chair - open
- Legal Committee Chair - Tom Au
To contact anyone on the Chapter ExCom, Chapter Officers or Committee Chairs, please Contact Us.