Military Outdoors organizes outdoor trips for veterans, other service members and their families, because we know that time spent in nature provides a unique experience to foster mental and physical health, emotional resiliency, and leadership development. For many veterans, spending time in the outdoors can also help ease the transition to civilian life.
Photo courtesy of Bryan Crenshaw.
Camp Elk Tannery
Camp Elk Tannery helps veterans experience recreation and fellowship in a peaceful setting. This experience helps veterans to gain some perspective, while—at the same time—educating them about the need for conservation in the world that we live in.
The Camp is comprised of 110 acres in Northeast Pennsylvania, nestled in the valley between the North and Central Mountains, just below the beautiful Ricketts Glenn State Park. The camp is located approximately 3 hours from Philly and 45 minutes from Wilkes Barre, PA. Learn more about Camp Elk Tannery here.
Support and Connect With Military Outdoors!
- Sign up for program updates from Military Outdoors.
- Are you a veteran or service member interested in joining a trip to one of America's most amazing wild places? Check out our Featured Trips.
- Want to volunteer as a leader with Military Outdoors in your local area? Apply here.
- Please donate so that we can provide more outdoor trips to veterans, service members and their families free of charge.
- Check out the National Military Outdoors page for resources, blogs, news, and more.