Welcome to Ready for 100 Montco
Are you interested in promoting renewable energy in your community or just curious?
Objectives & Approach
We are Montgomery County: a diverse and splendid mix of historical, agricultural, and entrepreneurial communities. We value nature and protect open spaces. We value innovation and cultural creativity. Montgomery County has townships, borough and home rule municipalities, each with its own challenges and opportunities in the transition to 100% renewable energy.
The objectives of the Montgomery County's Ready For 100% [Clean Renewable Energy] team are to support Montgomery County townships and boroughs to:
Adopt and commit to energy emissions reduction targets
- To transition to 100% renewable electricity by January 2035;
- To achieve zero greenhouse gas emissions in all remaining sectors which currently use fossil fuels (transportation, buildings and other stationary applications) by January 2050.
- This represents an increase and an acceleration of the Connections 2040: Plan for Greater Philadelphia.
- Many towns have adopted a renewable energy resolution, each crafted in their own language.
- Establish policies and programs to modernize local infrastructure for the transition to 100% renewable energy and thereby build a sustainable energy system and sustainable economy.
- Establish policies and programs to ensure universal access to clean energy for moderate and low income families.
- Start the conversation about making a pledge and making a plan to achieve 100% clean renewables with our local elected officials
Coordinate with our early adopters and energy champions - civic groups, health and educational institutions, businesses and residences that recognize the responsibility and the achievability of 100% Renewables
Organize listening and feedback sessions with the public and elected officials to create an energy vision for the new Montgomery County Comprehensive Plan. Here's some material from the County: RENEWABLE ENERGY: A SERIES ON ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES
Build the momentum - one township's pledge leads to a regional planning which leads to a county-wide goal
Meet us at an upcoming event!
Please join us at our monthly volunteer meeting, or at an upcoming event.
Let's Get Started
The Montgomery County is Ready For 100% Clean Renewable Energy team has volunteers working on approaching their townships and boroughs to pledge their support for clean and renewable energy. Here’s what we do:
- Township Research - identify opportunities, challenges, contacts in each township
- Communications and education
- Events - organize and collaborate on outreach events for the campaign and in the community
- Technical Advisors - research and summarize real and future solutions
Several townships have passed a resolution committing them to a clean energy goal. See our list below. If you live in one of these towns, find out more from the contact below. Don't see your town? Contact Bill Sabey.
|Town||Ready for 100 Contact||Resolution date|
|Conshohocken, 129th in US||Elisa Lanzuttiemail@example.com||6/19/2019|
|Hatboro, 168th in US||Elizabeth Anzingerfirstname.lastname@example.org||10/19/2020|
|Lower Merion||Nancy Winkleremail@example.com||5/19/2021|
|Montgomery Township||Beth Staabfirstname.lastname@example.org||5/10/2021|
|Plymouth Township||Bill Sabeyemail@example.com||4/8/2019|
|Upper Dublin||Melissa Laffenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Upper Merion, 134th in US||Zach Davisemail@example.com||8/15/2019|
|West Norriton||Marc Brierfirstname.lastname@example.org||4/14/2020|
|Whitemarsh Township||Lou Ann Merkleemail@example.com||3/14/2019|
Climate Reality Leaders
Need to convince your group that we must act on climate? Four of our members are available to present the Climate Reality slides developed by Al Gore. They’ve even customized their presentation to our region. If this is of interest, please contact one of these people:
|Rick Tolin||Lower Merionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jen Pavao||Lower Merionemail@example.com|
To join our team email list for posts and meeting announcements, learn about our next meeting or if you have questions,
|Word or Phrase||Word or phrase to search for:|
|Leader||All or part of leader name to search for:|
No Matching Activities Found
|Date||Activity (click title for full description)||Sponsor||Category||Type||Difficulty||Links|