About Outings Chairs
- Have Internet access and an active email associated with your SC membership.
- Be willing to stay in touch with your leaders by email or other methods.
- Know the databases and Campfire and be on the Outings Chairs Listserv.
- Be able to access essential outings Forms on this site.
- Know the Sierra Club rules about currency requirements for your leaders.
- See Already a Leader for ways to refresh First Aid (FA) & Outings Leadership Training (OLT).
- Help your entity in planning and scheduling outings.
- Think outside the box! and encourage leaders to find new activities to offer.
- Understand the Safety Review Process. Also see Safety and Incident Reporting.
- Know when a Medical Form and/or a Safety Management Plan is required.
- Publish your outings in Campfire, newsletters, website and other venues
- Maintain waivers/sign-in sheets (for 7 years).
- Become familiar with the NEW! 2022 edition of the Leader's Reference Book (LRB). Download or view parts one and two on the LRB Page.
- Keep your entity going by recruiting new leaders.
- Help new candidates with Leadership Training.
- View the Rated Leader Lists.
- Attend the annual Outings Assembly.
- Explore other Chapter Activity Sections (Co-sponsoring widens your reach!)
- Have patience and a sense of humor!
Outings Management Committee (OMC)
The Chapter's Outings Management Committee (OMC) is here to help outings chairs. If you are a new OC or just curious, explore this website and be familiar with the rules. Consider co-sponsoring activities with other Chapter entities. Want to know more about them? Get to know other outings chairs by attending the annual Outings Assembly sponsored by OMC. And, consider being a part of the Chapter's outings management by becoming a rep to this committee. See more under Management. * New OC's should inform OMC Chairs when they are approved by their entity.