The Chapter does as much as it does because many volunteers donate generous amounts of time to making it work. We can always use another pair of hands, and some of the opportunities to help are listed here. There are also opportunities with outings, conservation, and environmental politics. If you're interested but don't see your perfect job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Donor Steward
Join our development team and enjoy extra practice in gratitude. As a volunteer donor steward, you will support the development coordinator in thanking our donors for their incredible support that enables and inspires us to protect our local environment. You will also have an opportunity to learn elements of the Salesforce database. The expected time commitment is approximately two hours per week for at least three months. For more information, please contact Justyna.Guterman@sierraclub.org.
Signature Event Social Media Volunteer
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, and written)
- Create a regular publishing schedule
- Promote content through social advertising
- Monitor, listen and respond to users
- Evaluate the success of social media marketing through monthly analytical reports
- Interest in Social Media and Marketing
- Excellent personal and communication skills and research skills
- Ability to commit as much as 2 hr per week from April till October, including 6 hours on the day of the event
- Attend monthly Benefit team meetings.
To apply, please contact Chapter Fundraising Coordinator Justyna Guterman at Justyna.Guterman@sierraclub.org
- Assist in updating and maintaining the Loma Prieta Chapter website and social media pages
- Actively search out meaningful and timely content; collaborate with Chapter leaders who are creating content and hosting events and activities
- Monitor website and social media activity; make suggestions to increase readership and engagement using analytic reports and search engine optimization tools
- Basic knowledge of website management and social media marketing; mentoring available
- Experience in digital content development and writing or publishing blogs
- Experience with google analytics and search engine optimization desired but not required
- Ability to commit as much as to 1 - 2 hr per week
Sustainable Land Use Advocate
Would you like your town to be a better place to live, work and play? Join our Sustainable Land Use Committee and help us influence urban design and planning in your city for a healthy future.
We will provide you with all support you need to successfully advocate for healthy and sustainable communities. Background in urban design, planning, environment, and architecture are helpful but not necessary. Keen interest is most important!
We meet monthly in person or online, and possibly more often when working on projects and campaigns.
- Keen interest in making your community a great place to live work and play
- 2 hrs/week
For more information contact, Sustainable Committee Co-Chair, Gita Dev at email@example.com